Is your head hurting? Again. For many people nowadays headaches have become a common happening and are increasing day by day. Sometimes it is a sign of some disease or condition, but most probably it has no clear cause to it.
- There are many types of headaches and that includes-
- Hemicrania continua, a one-sided headache that can feel like a migraine.
- Primary stabbing headaches, which last for a few seconds and can occur several times throughout the day
- Primary exertional headaches, caused by exercise
- Chronic paroxysmal hemicranias, sharp, one-sided headaches that can cause tearing or a congested nose
- Medication overuse headaches, which occur from overusing pain medications for headaches for at least three months. These headaches occur at least 15 days out of the month.
A treatment is must needed and with a proper plan. There are many ways one can handle or rescue headaches. But here we will be talking about the top 5 most effective and well-planned techniques guide by zen-human.
Top 5 headache relief techniques:
Yes, a massage from an expert may seem lavish, but it is extremely helpful and therapeutic. Sometimes headaches result from the upper body due to muscle strain or a poor sitting habit at the office chair. This makes our muscles tired and as result it causes headache. So by taking massage relieves muscles and simultaneously it will lower your headache.
Most of the headaches are easily treated by taking medicines suggested by doctors. It is not recommended to take medicines at sudden when headache/migraine starts. Only if you cannot bear headaches anymore you should take the below-mentioned medicines(by mayo clinic)-
- Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others)
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol, others)
Acupressure is an ancient healing art that’s based on the traditional Chinese medicine practice of acupuncture. With acupressure, you put pressure on specific places on your body. These places are called acupoints. Pressing these points can help release muscle tension and promote blood circulation. It can also relieve many common side effects of chemotherapy. It can be also performed at home by simply using your fingers to apply pressure on different points.
For muscles tension headaches, applying hot/cold applications to the forehead can reduce your headache. For cold fill ice in a plastic bag and place it on your forehead for at least 10 minutes. And for hot application but a heat pack at medical stores and follow the given instructions given by the product guide.
Yes, it helps not only for headaches but it is also applicable for other diseases and breathing is the thing you do all time but obvious. The difference is focusing on breathing and by isolating yourself from the crowd or anyplace where you are not disturbed. This hardly takes your time and the impact it creates is much greater than that. You can also try a progressive relaxation technique by focusing on each major muscle group in your body.
These were the Top 5 headache relief techniques you can give it a try and comment below if it works for you!XD